Monday, September 27, 2010
Centrum Residency
On Friday I arrived at Fort Worden for a 2-wk artist residency at Centrum near Port Townsend, WA. Here's what I did my first night: went to watch American Graffiti under the stars while sitting on a bale of hay in downtown Port Townsend. It was film festival week-end!
Alas, after a crazy busy week of hanging a large show, having the opening, then packing and leaving town on Friday, it was not in the cards for me to make it through the entire movie. Some how that seemed right. It was a bit of a repeat of earlier times when I used to fall asleep in the back seat of the Rambler station wagon at the SnoKing Drive-Inn surrounded by my family. If memory serves, I first saw American Graffiti there.
It's very good to be back here at Centrum with another kind of family. I've been coming to this part of world since I was very young, camping and walking it's beaches and bunkers (where Richard Gere cried out in An Officer and a Gentleman, "I got no where else to go!"
Right now this seems like the only place to be. It's a bit of a homecoming you might say.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment