Here it is, Route 21, by Julia Hensley. I've written about Julia before, who is a teacher, mentor and friend of mine. This past week-end she had a studio sale that included some of her older work (a more recent body of work includes painting collages with a few breathtaking installation collages; she's currently busy at work on something new that I can't wait to see). I stopped by to say hello and catch up. Having purchased several of Julia's paintings in the past it was not my intention to walk out with yet another piece but I was unable to do that. This painting sat quietly in the corner and nibbled away at my resolve.
Tuesday, August 30, 2011
Route 21 by Julia Hensley
Here it is, Route 21, by Julia Hensley. I've written about Julia before, who is a teacher, mentor and friend of mine. This past week-end she had a studio sale that included some of her older work (a more recent body of work includes painting collages with a few breathtaking installation collages; she's currently busy at work on something new that I can't wait to see). I stopped by to say hello and catch up. Having purchased several of Julia's paintings in the past it was not my intention to walk out with yet another piece but I was unable to do that. This painting sat quietly in the corner and nibbled away at my resolve.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment