"She read books as one would read air, to fill up and live. She read books as one would breathe ether, to sink in and die."
Annie Dillard, The Living
Here are a couple of books that I read this year and enjoyed, but I've yet to read one lately that sucked me in and filled me until I was finished. Pitty that!
Mary Heilman: To Be Someone by Elizabeth Armstrong (Inspiring story, in the vein of never giving up your dream, of an artist who worked for years without recognition, but finally got it. There's a related story here about yet another artist whose currently a hot ticket, finally, at 94 (yay) here).
Pride and Prejudice and Zomies (Named at the risk of offending all the Jane Heads out there but, what can I say, it was pure fun to read).
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment