Monday, June 21, 2010

About Saturday Night

Participating in the Drum of the Draw was a blast.  Thanks to everyone who came out to support the artists.   I met so many wonderful people and appreciate the support of friends new and old.  One unexpected gift, literally, was a terrific drawing by the 8-year-old artist, Aeriel Astley, daughter of artist Joel Astley.  I'd hoped to get this post up in time for Aeriel's birthday yesterday but, well, a belated Happy Birthday Aeriel.

Joel and I met a few months back when he participated in the Drum of the Draw.  I fell in love with his drawings because of their strong line quality and quirky playfulness.  Here is Aeriel's drawing.  Like father, like daughter wouldn't you say.


Untitled Drawing
Aeriel Astley
June 2010


Last but not least, of course, thank you to Robert Hardgrave for starting and curating Drum of the Draw, for letting me join in on the fun and to Grey Gallery and Lounge for being such a wonderful host.

No comments:

Post a Comment