Traveling south to Portland is always worthwhile. Before August I hadn't been there in a couple of years but was drawn back again so soon by a group show called What Comes Next, a juried exhibition that is part of Siren Nation's annual arts festival. It's a pleasure to have one of my pieces, Where are You, included. A nice group of folks run this organization and Tex Clark did a swell job of hanging the show.
Another order of business this time around was the pleasure of meeting Michelle Ross. I wrote about her in August after seeing her work at the Portland Art Museum as part of the Contemporary Northwest Art Awards. She graciously agreed to sit down with me at Stumptown Roasters on Stark Street to talk about her newest work and an upcoming show at the Lumber Room. I'm putting the highlights of our conversation on paper, so to speak, and will post the results in the near future.


No comments:
Post a Comment