Several months ago while in Chicago and visiting the Art Institute, I was struck once again by the lyrical paintings of Brice Marsden. This is a close up of one. Marsens' work has always been equally mysteriously simple and compelling to me. Recently I began, or rather returned to, a series of woven line drawings and prints that have a hint of Marsden. It wasn't until I looked back over photos taken on the Chicago trip that I realized where some of my ideas may have begun to germinate. Influences often exert themselves in mysterious ways.
Friday, July 20, 2012
Brice Marsden Up Close
Several months ago while in Chicago and visiting the Art Institute, I was struck once again by the lyrical paintings of Brice Marsden. This is a close up of one. Marsens' work has always been equally mysteriously simple and compelling to me. Recently I began, or rather returned to, a series of woven line drawings and prints that have a hint of Marsden. It wasn't until I looked back over photos taken on the Chicago trip that I realized where some of my ideas may have begun to germinate. Influences often exert themselves in mysterious ways.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment