Sunday, October 12, 2014

Viva L.A.

You could interpret my visit to L.A. last week as a religious experience. While there I saw Jesus driving a Dodge Charger, and I thought he was a Ford man. Switching rooms became an imperative because someone breathing hard could have opened my "locked" door, never mind that there were no curtains in the bedroom. Then a wrong turn in a questionable part of town generated an Academy Awarding winning look of intimidation from some dude behind a steel fence. Whether he had anything to back it up will forever remain a mystery. So you might might say I drove all over hell and back. Meanwhile I got lost wondering around downtown and discovered intricate and colorful murals and architecture from Art Deco to modern ho hum, enjoyed the company of friends, the sun, and some freaking good art by Amy Sillman and Mark Bradford among others. All in all it was a successful trip. Now back to the studio. 

No comments:

Post a Comment