Wednesday, October 28, 2009
It's a Mystery
Thanks to my friend, Margaret Watson, for sending me this quote:
Sometimes I have to get out of the way. It's beyond letting go of control. It's about waiting and following one's intuition. The creative process is a mystery, something that seems to happen on the periphery of thought. When conceiving a work, I don't try to home in on it too quickly. In fact, I do the opposite. I try to stay as open as possible for as long as I can. This state is full of potential, but it's a terrifying place, too, because all I really want is for my ideas to solidify. I have so much doubt and fear, and yet the more I can just watch the unfolding with a light touch, the more the piece seems to make itself. At a certain unexpected point, something comes to the forefront.
Interview with Janine Antoni, Art in America, Oct 09, 2009, pg. 127
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment