Tuesday, February 16, 2010

Over $16,000 Raised by Local Artists for Haiti

I have nothing to add to what artist and organizer Stephanie Hargrave had to say in response to the phenominal success of her funderaiser:

I am pleased to report that it was successful beyond my wildest imagination . . . those of you on facebook have perhaps learned that we raised over $16,000.00 yesterday for earthquake victims in Haiti, and there are still a few checks coming in!

Originally, I thought a few of my local artist friends and I could raise a few thousand dollars by selling our artwork out of my West Seattle studio.  It quickly grew into another animal altogether, and proved to be quite powerful!  I'd like to thank all of you who forwarded the information, especially those of you with exceedingly far reaching lists like Juan Alonso, Kelly Lyles, Paul Rucker and Pam Keeley. 

Your talent made it possible, and your generosity will certainly help the people in such great need in Haiti.  I can't thank you enough, nor can I thank Anne-Marie Meredith and Bronwyn McNutt enough - they were instrumental partners in my effort to raise money for Haiti without devaluing art in the process, and they generously provided the champagne, wine and snacks.  Also contributing in that area was Ann Kendall and Rickie Wolfe - many thanks! 

After my exhaustion subsides, you will each get an email with the name and contact information for the person who purchased your art.  Feel free to contact them with more information about you, as each and every one of the purchasers was delighted, and I was so busy that day, not all of your statements and resumes got into their hands even though printed copies were out for them to pick up.  It was a wonderfully hectic flurry of collecting checks, updating the database, wrapping, and re-hanging the artworks as other flew out the door . . .

At some point, you will also receive the final tally and a break-down of where all the money went between the three organizations.  I also plan to email each buyer with websites for all the participating artist's.

Again, a million thanks!  Who knew that 47 Seattle artists could raise so much money in just 7 hours?

With great pleasure,

Stephanie

1 comment: