Sunday, October 24, 2010

Back and Back Track

The first storm of the season is blowing through Seattle today.  Heavy rain is drumming on the roof and the wind is whipping through the trees causing flocks of leaves to swirl by.  It makes me very happy to laze on the couch and revel in my slothfulness.  While reclining with this laptop on my, well, lap, I found myself perusing photographs that I took just a couple of weeks ago while in residency at Centrum.  That led me to thinking about trees again, this time sun dappled.  And I remembered too that we did have a summer of sorts this year even though it was late and short. 

I have to confess that I'm a fan of both stormy and sunny fall days.  Storms mix things up and leave clear, fresh air in their aftermath.  Sunshine, well, sunshine is just pure joy.  Trees can't live without both and neither can we.  Today I'm enjoying one while thinking of the other.  May you be enjoying your Sunday as much as I am.

No comments:

Post a Comment