Saturday, October 9, 2010

Parting Shot


This was my view from the sweet house where I lived for two weeks during my Centrum residency.  This photo was taken on my last morning there.

I arrived at Centrum happy, yet very tired, and ready for the next stage of what comes after hanging the largest show of my work that I've ever put together (Further Longings and Dislocations).  In some ways that show was three years in the making although I didn't realize it at the time.  It was one of the hardest and most exhilarating experiences I've ever had. Although in the end making paintings and sculptures and all manner of visual stuff is a solo affair, it cannot be done without the love and support of family and friends and patrons.  For all of you I am very grateful.

Thank you too to the folks at Centrum for the time and space for reflection, for the ability to noodle around without interruption, to begin again.

I've unpacked all of my art supplies at the studio and have taken another deep, reflective sigh.  Dang, it's good to be back home.

No comments:

Post a Comment