Yesterday was the final day of the Duwamish Residency. It will take some time to articulate what this experience has encompassed but the immediate one-word description that comes to mind is amazing. Eight days in this visual wonderland with nine talented studio artists and just "good people" was a real treat. Each willingly took on the challenge of working outside in an unfamiliar area of the city to see what would happen. Last night we had a closing dinner and shared our work. The volumn, variety and strength of work was humbling and inspiring.
The other ending this week is the 8-week class on monoprints and drypoint at the UW. This has been another experience that has shifted my perspective significantly, and solidified my love of the printmaking process. Today, my last day of printing before the final submission, was focused on creating a series based upon the Duwamish Residency, which succeeded in bringing these two experiences together. I will share a few of them here soon.
Now, it's time to get back to my studio. I believe I remember what it looks like.
The other ending this week is the 8-week class on monoprints and drypoint at the UW. This has been another experience that has shifted my perspective significantly, and solidified my love of the printmaking process. Today, my last day of printing before the final submission, was focused on creating a series based upon the Duwamish Residency, which succeeded in bringing these two experiences together. I will share a few of them here soon.
Now, it's time to get back to my studio. I believe I remember what it looks like.

No comments:
Post a Comment