Tuesday, January 12, 2010

Rectangle of Plastic

Last week was brilliant because of the five consecutive days spent working in my studio.  It’s been too long in coming.  Many wonderful things happened the past six months but they didn’t involve enough  hours dedicated to making art.  Instead they were often spent in front of this computer, which sometimes seems tethered to my wrists.  I’ve eschewed New Year’s Resolutions but have already broken that rule.  This is beginning to feel like another resolution that's slipped under the door while I was wasn't really paying attention.  Spend less time here and more time at the big table in the center of my studio with a paintbrush or Exacto knife or scissors in hand.

"I will conquer this plain, white rectangle of plastic," she said as she stamped her foot. 

Why is it that some things are so much more complicated than they first appear?

No comments:

Post a Comment